Monday 30 May 2011

That song that just makes you go: "what?", but in a good way.

The general idea behind this post is to point out a section of music that I seem to be hearing a lot recently. Songs that once I finish listening to I'm overcome with befuddlement. Feel free to post your one experiences below. If I get enough comments I might start a new blog to post other things like this.

 Take this song, 'As Tyrants Fall,' by Heavy metal band, "Fleshgod Apocalypse." Typical heavy metal band right? Machine gun percussions, throat ripping deathcore vocals, insane tempo changes, and.. a minute long classical ending. That's right, if you click on the video below and skip to 2:56 you will have the softest cushiest classical beat to skip to the office to. :3

Jokes aside, the ending is very well synced to the general album's sense of stretching suspense. Not to mention the obvious skill needed to play instruments at that level. I just can't help but feel like I'm at the receiving end of a big metal rick roll.

18 comments:

  1. I enjoy both Metal and Clasical, excellent song. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good, reminds me of opeth if you've ever heard of them.

    follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent song choice. THanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how they blend the two sides togheter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice song. I need to hear more underground hits like this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool, never heard of this before, nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a quality track, made go WHAT AM I LISTENING TO!? but in a good way of course!! I'm guessing you like rock operas?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice song, I do like it :D thanks man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good old death metal - good song.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great song, sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not really into metal, but tnx anyway

    ReplyDelete
  12. lollll it is a rick roll, good point

    ReplyDelete